NEW YORK – October 13, 2020 – Forbes today released the 2020 ranking of America’s Richest Self-Made Women.
· “Women entrepreneurs and executives are increasingly taking center stage in American business, playing critical roles as job creators, change-makers and influencers, said Kerry Dolan, Assistant Managing Editor of Wealth at Forbes. “Acknowledging their growing impact, Forbes chose to spotlight a greater number of them this year. We found more women who’ve built and helped to expand some of the country’s most recognizable businesses.”
· The women on Forbes’ sixth annual list have achieved unparalleled success through invention and innovation. They have shattered ceilings and scaled new heights, creating fortunes in everything from aerospace and biotechnology to sports and entertainment and video conferencing.
· ABC Supply’s Diane Hendricks tops the list for the third consecutive year.
· There are 23 newcomers on this year’s list – including Gwynne Shotwell of SpaceX, tennis star Maria Sharapova, Kelly Steckelberg of Zoom Video Communications, reality TV star and “momager” Kris Jenner, Google’s finance chief Ruth Porat, and singer-actress Lady Gaga.
· ON THE COVER: The latest Forbes cover story features Tory Burch. The entrepreneurial retailer and one of America’s richest self-made women, speaks to Forbes about her plans to save her iconic brand during the fashion apocalypse brought about by the pandemic.
For the full list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women, visit: www.forbes.com/self-made-women
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 160 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 32 licensed local editions in 71 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.
Christina Vega at [email protected]
Jocelyn Swift at [email protected]