- I spent a day testing the updated Porsche Panamera, in Turbo S trim. It’s the best Panamera I’ve ever driven.
- My 2021 model year car had a 620-horsepower, twin-turbo V8 under the hood.
- The interior combined sporty minimalist with effortless luxury — and some surprisingly decent cargo capacity.
- Porsche is absolutely killing it with all its redesigned and revamped models, so I shouldn’t have been too shocked.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I’ve never been what you might call a Porsche Panameraista. A 911-ista, to be sure. A Cayenneista, most definitely. More recently, even a Spyderista. But the Panamera has always been my least favorite Porsche, taking a back seat to even the Macan SUV.
I’m especially ambivalent about the V8-powered Pana: I’d rather have the six-banger, which has always felt lighter in my hands. Still, I approached the 2021 Panamera Turbo S — the mightiest sedan in