- A company named “The White House Gift Shop” is selling a “Trump Defeats COVID” commemorative coin for $100.
- But the shop isn’t actually affiliated with the White House, and is a private, for-profit company that severed its ties to the government years ago.
- The coin designer and CEO of the store said the coin “features more than a hint of superhero qualities” in Trump.
- Trump has been portraying himself as having conquered his COVID-19 illness, even though he is still infectious, he received a host of treatments, and doctors say he isn’t in the clear yet.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The White House Gift Shop is selling a $100 “Trump Defeats COVID” commemorative coin that portrays the president as something of a “superhero,” but the shop isn’t actually affiliated with the White House itself.
The shop made the coin available for preorder on Monday, shortly before Trump